MIECHV programs collect data on federal benchmarks in six areas:
- Improved maternal and newborn health;
- Prevention of child injuries, child abuse, neglect, or maltreatment, and reduction of emergency department visits;
- Improvement in school readiness and achievement;
- Reduction in crime or domestic violence;
- Improvements in family economic self-sufficiency; and
- Improvements in the coordination and referrals for other community resources and supports.
Required Data Collection Forms
- MIECHV Data Consent Spanish and MIECHV Data Consent English required for all MIECHV caregivers.
- Caregiver Form collects demographic and benchmark data specific to the caregiver.
- Postnatally Enrolled Child Form collects demographic and benchmark data specific to children who are enrolled in home visiting postnatally.
- Prenatally Enrolled Child Form collects demographic and benchmark data specific to children whose caregivers are enrolled prenatally, as well as prenatal and postpartum data on the caregiver.
Required Benchmark Webinars
This website is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number HRSA-16-172 Maternal, Infant and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program – Formula. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.
It takes a village. Illinois home visiting collaborates with numerous partners in order to support young children and families. These partners include:
Chapin Hall at the University of Chicago • Children’s Home + Aid • Easter Seals • Ever Thrive Illinois • Family Focus • Fussy Baby Network at the Erikson Institute • Heartland Alliance • Illinois Action for Children • Illinois Association for Infant Mental Health • Illinois Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics • Illinois Children’s Mental Health Partnership • Illinois Childhood Trauma Coalition • Illinois Coalition Against Domestic Violence • Latino Policy Forum • Metropolitan Family Services • Mothers and Babies Program at Northwestern University • Prevent Child Abuse Illinois • Robert R. McCormick Foundation • Sargent Shriver National Center on Poverty Law • The Irving Harris Foundation • The Ounce of Prevention Fund • Voices for Illinois Children