MIECHV programs collect data on federal benchmarks in six areas:
- Improved maternal and newborn health;
- Prevention of child injuries, child abuse, neglect, or maltreatment, and reduction of emergency department visits;
- Improvement in school readiness and achievement;
- Reduction in crime or domestic violence;
- Improvements in family economic self-sufficiency; and
- Improvements in the coordination and referrals for other community resources and supports.
Required Data Collection Forms
- MIECHV Data Consent Spanish and MIECHV Data Consent English required for all MIECHV caregivers.
- Caregiver Form collects demographic and benchmark data specific to the caregiver.
- Postnatally Enrolled Child Form collects demographic and benchmark data specific to children who are enrolled in home visiting postnatally.
- Prenatally Enrolled Child Form collects demographic and benchmark data specific to children whose caregivers are enrolled prenatally, as well as prenatal and postpartum data on the caregiver.
Required Benchmark Webinars
- 4P’s Plus© assessments are offered in English and Spanish.
- Instructions for Sending Completed 4P’s Plus© Forms: OECD asks that all programs in Illinois using the 4P’s Plus© follow these directions to send unidentified completed 4P’s Plus© to the Children’s Research Triangle so they can provide the state with a full report on 4P’s Plus© To view past reports click here.
- Relationship Assessment Tool: This is the MIECHV required intimate partner violence (IPV) assessment tool, and it is available in English and Spanish.
- Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS): This is the MIECHV required depression screening tool, and it is available in English and Spanish. For more information about maternal depression, please click here.
- HOME Assessment Intro Webinar 2018: The HOME is the Parent Child Interaction Tool Required for MIECHV. For more information regarding the HOME and to obtain the tool, please contact Mary Anne Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.