The Ounce of Prevention Fund (the “Ounce”) is the recognized training provider for all home visitors in the following programs in Illinois: Healthy Families America; Parents Too Soon; and Parents as Teachers.
Other professional development resources for home visitors include the following:
- Department of Children and Family Services Training offers a variety of online training’s, including mandated reporter training.
- Futures without Violence works with home visiting programs to provide domestic violence and child abuse training and education.
- Gateways to Opportunity is a statewide professional development support system designed to provide guidance, encouragement, and recognition to individuals and programs serving children, youth, and families.
- Illinois Coalition Against Domestic Violence is a not for profit, membership organization that works to eliminate violence against women and their children.
- Illinois Resource Center provides assistance to teachers and administrators serving linguistically and culturally diverse students.
- Mothers and Babies at Northwestern University is a program that promotes healthy mood, bonding with one’s baby, and strategies for pregnant women and new moms to cope with stress in their lives.
- Prevent Child Abuse Illinois (PCA Illinois) provides key leadership for child abuse prevention in Illinois.
- STARnet Northwest Region I and Central Region III provides a variety of opportunities for personal and professional growth for those who touch the lives of young children, ages birth through eight, with an emphasis on children with special needs. STARnet supports family-centered, researched and effective practices in early childhood education and care.
- Strengthening Families Illinois (SFI) is a statewide movement to build six Protective Factors that keep families strong.
- The Institute for the Advancement of Family Support Professional offers Family Support Professionals everywhere the opportunity to learn new skills and grow their careers. Through engaging, online modules and a personalized learning map feature, professionals take charge of their growth and advancement.
- 4P’s Plus© is the only validated screening instrument specifically designed to quickly identify obstetrical patients at risk for use of tobacco, alcohol, or illicit drugs.