MIECHV programs collect data on federal benchmarks in the following six areas:
- Improved maternal and newborn health
- Prevention of child injuries, child abuse, neglect, or maltreatment, and reduction of emergency department visits
- Improvement in school readiness and achievement
- Reduction in crime or domestic violence
- Improvements in family economic self-sufficiency
- Improvements in the coordination and referrals for other community resources and supports
Required Data Collection Forms
- MIECHV Data Consent Spanish and MIECHV Data Consent English required for all MIECHV caregivers.
- Caregiver Form collects demographic and benchmark data specific to the caregiver.
- Postnatally Enrolled Child Form collects demographic and benchmark data specific to children who are enrolled in home visiting postnatally.
- Prenatally Enrolled Child Form collects demographic and benchmark data specific to children whose caregivers are enrolled prenatally, as well as prenatal and postpartum data on the caregiver.
- 4P’s Plus© assessments are offered in English and Spanish.
- Instructions for Sending Completed 4P’s Plus© Forms: The Office of Early Childhood Development asks that all programs in Illinois using the 4P’s Plus© follow these directions to send unidentified completed 4P’s Plus© to the Children’s Research Triangle so they can provide the state with a full report on 4P’s Plus©. To view past reports click here.
- Relationship Assessment Tool. This is the MIECHV required intimate partner violence (IPV) assessment tool. It is available in English and Spanish.
- Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS). This is the MIECHV required depression screening tool, and it is available in English and Spanish. For more information about maternal depression, please click here.
- HOME Assessment Intro Webinar 2018. The HOME is the Parent Child Interaction Tool Required for MIECHV. For more information regarding the HOME and to obtain the tool, contact Mary Anne Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.